Content marketing seems to be a buzzword, today. But content marketing has been around forever. Content marketing means creating and sharing valuable free content to attract and convert prospects into customers, and customers into repeat buyers.
The type of content you share is closely related to what you sell. You educate, entertain or inform people with valuable content that fills a need they may have. This way they also get to know and trust you and want to do business with you.
Content Marketing in today’s digital world includes creating content for web pages, whitepapers, case studies, webinars, videos, podcasts, email newsletters, blogs and social media. Once that content is created it includes all the different channels you need to promote that content.
The most savvy entrepreneurs use content marketing because:
- It helps them build trust with their customers, and research shows that the more customers trust you, the more likely they are to buy from you.
- Content Marketing helps establish you as a thought leader in your industry, which is great for your brand and ultimately your product.
- Regular blogs and social media interactions help you build relationships with your customer, which is the 21st century way and of-course the right way of doing business.
- Blogs and fresh content are great for search engine rankings and the higher you rank on Google, the more traffic, engagement and sales you will see. Let’s face it, in today’s global economy, your website is truly your virtual office. So the more people that stop by, the higher the chances of them buying from you versus your competitor.
- These reasons are enough but the most important reason is that you are educating your customers about your product and empowering them with the knowledge to make the best and most informed decisions.
- Content marketing is also fun. Its the best way to show your passion for your product in a personal way that relates to people and connects them to be part of your story.
Here are some recent articles. Enjoy!
Recent Posts on Content Marketing
10 Tips to Make Your Writing Crystal Clear
Create Awesome Mobile-Friendly Content in 7 Steps
Top 10 Image Sources to Spice Up Your Content
25+ Must-have, Free Tools for Content Writers
Best Marketing Cartoons from around the Web
5 Content Marketing Trends and Predictions for 2014
10 Content Marketers Every Blogger Should Follow
How Your Content is Hurting You and What You Can Do about it
How to Plan Your Entire Website with a Content Map
Content Writing: 5 Essential Skills of Every Content Writer
Where Content Marketing Is Going In 2013: 5 Key Trends
The Dos and Don’ts of Content Marketing [Slideshow]
20+ Awesome, Free Resources for All Content Writers
5 Content Mistakes that Drive Away Prospects
Top 3 Content Mistakes that Cost You Valuable Conversions
7 Resources that Accurately Predict the Best Content for Your Audience
The Future of Mobile Marketing: Interview with Simon Salt
7 Content Marketing Ideas that Increase Traffic and Conversions
High Quality Content: A Simple 4-Point Checklist for Creating the Best Content
High Quality Content: 4 Experts Share their Views
5 Ideas for Creating Original High Quality Content
How to Create Quality Content that is Search Engine Friendly