Certain golden rules when applied can transform anybody into a web content guru. That is the ongoing purpose of this blog.
Web content writing is an exciting and constantly evolving field. It is all at once challenging, educational and exciting to write quality content that is fresh, consistently engaging and informative.
A genuine love, passion and involvement with your topic will shine through and will keep visitors engaged and involved with your site.
Writing quality content however is only part of the job. The more challenging job is to ascertain that the content is found, indexed and ranked by most browsers so that you get the maximum traffic.
Here are some ideas and tips which will equip you in no time at all to write quality content that is found easily by most search engines and which will in turn build and increase traffic to your site.
Use a writing style that grabs interest
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques
SEO is the science of increasing your web rankings by improving factors that influence browser search results. In layman’s terms it involves making your content relevant to the google bots so that they know how to index and rank your page. Here is a previous post that is dedicated to Seo and free tools that you can use to optimize your content.
Search engines also look for the following information among other parameters:
- Focus on keyword density which involves repeating select, target keywords so that search engines find your site more relevant and give you a higher ranking in search results. Experts recommend that the ideal keyword density is between 2-5 percent.
- Use effective titles and headings. The titles and headings must not only grab attention but must also have keywords.
- Build links. Muster all your efforts in making your content so useful that other sites link to you. The more links you receive the higher your page will rank in search results. Always link to internal content and articles that relate to your current post.
Search engines love fresh content
- Content is really king and fresh, compelling, useful, relevant and quality content is of utmost importance especially in these days of rapidly changing technologies and instant news updates.
- Search engines penalize websites that have static content. Fresh content makes for higher search rankings.
- Research before writing as info these days becomes obsolete at the bat of an eyelid.
Use Social Media and Comments to Define Content
- According to the latest Google updates, content that is shared most on social media is ranked higher.
- Web Marketing experts recommend you use a variety of tools (such as bit.ly, HootSuite, TweetMeme) to find out which subjects are hot, what’s new and what gets shared most on social media. Focus on a topic that is going viral or at the very least being talked about extensively.
- Use Google Analytics and Clicky (real time analytics) to discern what gets shared most, which piece of content is talked and tweeted about and then create more of that content
- Visitor interaction will help you understand what’s working. Use comments to engage visitors and understand their needs and which piece of content is popular with them.
- Send regular white papers and newsletters to your customers via email. It’s important that the content is both beneficial and useful as this strategy will not only enhance your relationship with your visitors but will convert them into customers who regularly visit your site.
Ultimately, the purpose of writing content is to provide valuable and useful information to your visitors. But by keeping these techniques in mind, you can also cater to the Google bots that are constantly crawling the internet in search of fresh, relevant and quality content.